The client shapes my mission of being committed, diligent, and responsive to client’s collaboration, mediation, or litigation needs, while using technology and personal service.
My vision is to provide the highest quality legal services by using technology along with personal service.
I strive to meet my Core Values:
I have a strong background in the financial and accounting sectors. Besides my law degree, I have an MBA with an emphasis in accounting and a finance degree. I am a member of the State College Bar for education and for pro bono. With over two decades in business, I have helped many businesses and non-profits to start, expand, or get back on track, as well as over a decade of helping people with family, estate, and bankruptcy.
Prior to attending law school, I owned American Real Estate Services, a real estate and mortgage company. I was the first real estate firm in the city to have a website in the mid-90's, which received many awards and gave me national exposure that led to being featured on the cover of the National Association of Realtors magazine at 24 years old and spoke to over 3000 people at the national convention. Ibused contact databases to organize the workflow of the real estate and mortgage process. When I became an attorney, I used technology to help promote my practice, work with clients, and implement processes into the practice of law.
I understand the huge role that technology plays in the 21st century and take advantage of it to connect and communicate with clients. I say the client shapes my mission of being committed, diligent, and responsive to their collaboration, mediation, or litigation needs, while using technology and personal service.
I am available by email, text message or Facebook, and her various websites. My website allows clients to the intake and all practice specific worksheets and questionnaires before and during the process allowing them to have control over their case. My clients also have access to anything in their file through a secure portal on my website allowing them access to their case day or night along with secured communication with my legal team. My vision is to provide the highest quality legal services by using technology along with personal service.
Technology helped me move my office to North Carolina while still practicing in Texas last summer. That experience along with my past activities of helping other attorneys use technology in their practice pushed me to open another business, Robinson Consulting. I will help solo and small firms use technology while learning how to use technology in the practice of law. The website has links to many programs to help attorneys along with ebooks, videos, and articles on how to use technology specifically for the practice of law.
Twenty-five years of business, accounting, finance, real estate, and legal experience moving into mediation and consulting within the legal industry
Over twelve years of experience as a litigation attorney in 40 courts with 44 different judges in over 900 cases representing people and businesses in federal and state courts along with other non-litigation conflict resolution methods like mediation or collaboration in a wide range of practice areas like criminal, immigration, bankruptcy, family, civil litigation, estate planning, business governance, non-profit governance, taxation, guardianship, ad litem, trust, and appeal cases.
Frequently appear, argue, and litigate jury and bench trials before state and federal bankruptcy judges and trustees in cases relating to bankruptcy, civil litigation, family law, criminal defense, and estate planning, as well as seek ways to prevent trial by using alternative dispute resolution methods like informal negotiations, mediation, and collaboration along with outside counseling of parties.
Master of Business Administration - West Texas A&M University; Canyon, TX
Juris Doctor - Western Michigan University Cooley Law School; Lansing, MI
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - West Texas A&M University; Canyon, TX
Texas – 24060505
United States District Court Northern District of Texas Civil, Criminal, and Bankruptcy
Application for reciprocity in North Carolina in process - NOT LICENSED IN NORTH CAROLINA AS AN ATTORNEY
Mediator & Consultant - Robinson Mediation, PLLC; Charlotte, NC
Attorney – Robinson Law; Amarillo, TX
• Twelve years of experience as a litigation attorney in 40 courts with 44 different judges focusing on helping people with various legal needs in over 900 cases by managing caseloads of over 100-150 clients
• A private practice law firm attorney serving people in federal and state courts along with other non-litigation conflict resolution ways like mediation or collaboration
• Responsible attorney for all phases of criminal, immigration, bankruptcy, family, civil litigation, estate planning, business governance, non-profit governance, taxation, guardianship, ad litem, trust, and appeal cases
• Managed a staff of paralegals, secretaries, and runners in a paperless office to be committed to the client by working diligently at being responsive to their needs.
• Put in place paperless recordkeeping system, using online scheduling application and contact management programs to offer clients convenient 24/7 access to their case details.
• Implemented office procedure manual for staff as well as handbook for clients
Bankruptcy & Trial Attorney – James Clark Law Firm; Amarillo, TX
• Frequently appeared, argued, and litigated jury and bench trials before state and federal bankruptcy judges and trustees in cases relating to bankruptcy, civil litigation, family law, criminal defense, and estate planning, as well as meeting creditors and attending confirmation hearings.
• Handled all trial preparation, including preparation of all trial documents and witnesses
Attorney - Law Office of Cristal Robinson; Amarillo, TX
• Practice focused on transactional legal issues in real estate, taxation, wills and family based-immigration
Attorney – Whittenburg, Whittenburg, Stein, & Strange; Amarillo, TX
• Financial and business law for the firm and its clients
• Processed financial statements and other reports
• Completed budgets and projections
• Analyzed funding levels and advised management on adjusting programs to accommodate funding
• Researched and wrote opinions, litigation motions, memorandum, and pleadings
EXPERIENCE: ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Controller – Campbell Press Repair, Inc.; Lansing, MI
Accountant – Ledy Engineering; Lansing, MI
Bookkeeper – Michigan Education Union; Lansing, MI
Finance Secretary – Dale Bruckner, PC; Amarillo, TX
Political Science Instructor – West Texas A&M University; Canyon, TX
Instructor Financial Responsibility – Amarillo College; Amarillo, TX
EXPERIENCE: REAL ESTATE
Real Estate Broker and President – Mcartitstal Corporation; Amarillo, TX
Attorney Volunteer – Legal Aid of Northwest Texas; Amarillo, TX Externship – Immigration Legal Services; Lansing, MI
LICENSES & ADMITTED COURTS
Licensed to practice in all Texas courts
United States District Court Northern District of Texas - Civil, Criminal, and Bankruptcy
Application for reciprocity in North Carolina in process - NOT LICENSED IN NORTH CAROLINA AS AN ATTORNEY
ORGANIZATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Professional Member – Charlotte LGBT Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte, NC Member – National Organization of Women; Charlotte, NC Law Practice Management Committee – State Bar of Texas; Austin, TX
Member - International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Committee Chair – Amarillo Women’s Bar Association; Amarillo, TX
Founding Director – Collaborative Divorce of Amarillo; Amarillo, TX
Education Task Force – Legal Aid of Northwest Texas; Amarillo, TX
Member – Amarillo Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; Amarillo, TX
Member – Amarillo Bankruptcy Association; Amarillo, TX Member - Texas Criminal Defense Law Association; TX
Interim President & Legal Advisor – Panhandle Pride, Inc; Amarillo, TX
Executive Board Member – Panhandle Criminal Defense Law Association; Amarillo, TX
Member – Panhandle Family Law Association; Amarillo, TX
Member – Amarillo Bar Association; Amarillo, TX
Member – Amarillo Chamber of Commerce; Amarillo, TX
Attorney Volunteer Award Winner – Legal Aid of Northwest Texas; Amarillo, TX
Cabinet Member – United Way; Amarillo, TX
Public Interest Fellow – American Constitution Society; Washington, DC
Compliance Task Force & Host Parent – AFS; Amarillo, TX
Mentor Program Chair – Rotary Club of Amarillo; Amarillo, TX
State Task Force & Local President – American Civil Liberties Union; MI & TX
Public Interest Fellow and Member – American Immigration Lawyers Association National Student Director: Volunteer Income Tax – American Bar Assoc.
Treasurer – Thomas M. Cooley Law School Student Bar; Lansing, MI
Treasurer - Human/ Gay Rights Alliance; Lansing, MI
Participant – Leadership Amarillo & Canyon; Amarillo, TX
Senator – West Texas A&M University; Canyon, TX
Student in Free Enterprise – West Texas A&M University; Canyon, TX
Vice President Programs & Publicity – National Assoc of Prof. Mortgage Women
Education Committee & Member - Greater Dallas Association of REALTOR Chapter Director – Micro Investment Lending Institute®; Amarillo, TX
Board of Directors – Girl Scout-Five Star Council; Amarillo, TX
Vice President and Past President – Amarillo Women’s Network; Amarillo, TX
National Task Force & Member - National Association of REALTOR
Professional Standards Committee & Member - Texas Association of REALTOR
TREPAC Committee & Member - Amarillo Associations of REALTOR
Executive Board & Reception Chair - Miss Amarillo Area Scholars Program; Amarillo, TX
EVENT ORGANIZATION AND SPEAKING ARRANGEMENTS
Writer and Producer – We the People, the Play; Amarillo, TX
• Wrote, Directed, and Presented play to over 1700 students in 17 schools in the Texas Panhandle for Constitution Day
Speaker – National Association of REALTORS; San Francisco, CA
• National Convention: Spoke to over 3000 people at Superstar Panel and 30 Under 30
• REALTOR Magazine: 30 Under 30 Article or Energizing the Industry
Planner – Sexual Orientation and the Law: LGBT Law in America; Lansing, MI
• Two-day seminar covering second parent adoption, Child Custody, Alternative Families, State and Local Actions and Needs, Michigan Civil Rights Initiative, and Discrimination in Case Law presented by local, state, and national organizations such as One United Michigan, Michigan Equality, ACLU, and CARE
Speaker – Legal issues with Transitioning – Amarillo Area Transgender Support Group; Ama,
Speaker – Probate Process – National Business Institute; Amarillo, TX
Speaker – Constitutional Theory – Rotary of Amarillo; Amarillo, TX
Planner and speaker – Thinking Thursdays; Amarillo, TX
Planner – Chasing Freedom – American Constitution Society; Lansing, MI
Planner – Freedom Files Film Festival – American Civil Liberties Union; Lansing, MI
Speaker and Represented – Black Law Students: Cooley Law School; Lansing, MI
Planner – Soul of Justice on Affirmative Action in Michigan; Lansing, MI
Producer/ Director – Vagina Monologues; Amarillo, TX and Lansing, MI
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Robinson Law through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising for only cases and transactions in Texas.
Cristal Robinson is NOT a licensed attorney in North Carolina. Cristal Robinson CANNOT represent you in court or give legal advice in North Carolina. Cristal Robinson recommends to hire an attorney to represent you during the mediation process with Robinson Mediation.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Robinson Law - All Rights Reserved.